Thread: Can't delete label/callout

Provided Answers: 10

Default Answered: Can't delete label/callout

I am trying to drag and drop a .smg file into another. When I do so, a callout titled "label" appears which is seemingly attached to the model. I cannot select or highlight it no matter what mode I am in. The callout attach point rotates with the model, but does not appear to be linked to any particular geometry, collaborative or otherwise. I have saved a copy of the file to mess around with to try and figure out where the callout came from. I have tried, with no success, the following:
    - Delete all geometry actors, and deleting empty groups
    - Delete all panels, labels, etc.
    - Delete all callouts in collaborative pane and also using "delete visible callouts" in the BOM workshop
    - Delete all views
    - Ctrl+A , then Del
    - Unsubscribe from Styles what's left to see if anything has the "attach" property active
    Capture.PNG
    This issue only happens when I bring A.smg and drag it into B.smg as opposed to B.smg dragged into A.smg. Also, the file that I am dragging and dropping contains no views and has different background and page properties than my main file which I change upon insertion. The callout appears as soon as the two are combined, before any changes are made and I cannot get rid of it.

Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of this callout/label?

2. "If it were me, I would try saving the merged file as a .smgXML, which should force it to think about what is actually there. Then close composer and open the saved .smgXML file. If the lablel shows when you first open the file, then that's bizarre, but look for it in the collaboration tree and see if you can delete it then. If you want to get tougher with it. After saving the .smgXML file, delete the .smgView and .smgSCE files, and open the .smgXML and see if its there then."

Provided Answers: 173

If it were me, I would try saving the merged file as a .smgXML, which should force it to think about what is actually there. Then close composer and open the saved .smgXML file. If the lablel shows when you first open the file, then that's bizarre, but look for it in the collaboration tree and see if you can delete it then. If you want to get tougher with it. After saving the .smgXML file, delete the .smgView and .smgSCE files, and open the .smgXML and see if its there then.
    Gordon Benson - NACCO Materials Handling Group

Provided Answers: 10

That worked perfectly, thanks. Just saved to .smgXML and then back to .smg. Odd error, but I really appreciate the quick response.
    [I]Edit: The callout disappeared upon saving to .smgXML and was not in the collaborative actors[/I]
    Last edited by AdamS; 2012-04-05 at 05:11 PM.